New Year's Reflection and Manifesting Exercise
At the end of each year, I like to do a little reflection before coming into the new year. I try my best to live my life without any regrets. There's nothing I can do about the past to change it, so I might as well accept it, move forward, and try not to make the same choices again. During my reflections, I begin to see events from the past with a different perspective. Time and space can change things and feelings. The lessons seem more apparent and often times, deeper and I have a better understanding of why things turned out the way they did. It does make me sad sometimes to think about how many times I had to repeat a lesson over and over before it finally stuck. But such is life.
As I reflect on my life at 40; it's so strange to be this age where you are not considered young, but you are definitely not old. It's quite literally middle-age. The good thing is, I will never be as young as I am today! I plan on feeling this good for a long time. My commitment to good health is something that I work on daily. It requires attention and compassion. I am in competition with no one, except for me. Hopefully, each year we aim to be a little better than the year before; to have more patience, to be kinder, to really listen when someone speaks and not to just prepare to respond.
Here's a quick little practice that will help you start your year off right.
1. Take a moment to write down some things that happened this year that you are grateful for. It can be a person, an event, an act of kindness that was done for you, anything that took place . . . doesn't always have to be "positive," it can be a hard lesson learned or a loss of some kind as well.
2. Send yourself love, compassion, and forgiveness. We all could use a reminder to be gentle on ourselves AND others. Now, send love, compassion, and forgiveness to anyone who you may have judged or has done wrong to you. Let's begin the new year without dragging any old gross energy into the new year. Leave behind all that does not serve you!
3. Now, begin to write down what you would like to see manifest in your life this year. It can be as outrageous as you wish! No limits. What are the seeds you are planting right now to bloom later? And don't forget to take inspired action towards those goals . . . they aren't just going to manifest on their own, are they???
4. Lastly, release any emotional attachment to these goals. Act as if they are already in the bag. Live your life as if they are coming to you. You will be acting and living in alignment with what you desire.
5. Sit back and see what magic begins to take place.
Now, I want to take a moment to wish you all a happy, healthy, and peaceful New Year!! I hope whatever it is that you would like to manifest this year comes to you or it is even BETTER than what you expected! Good things are coming this year . . . I can feel it!!! Happy Manifesting!
Your Manifesting Queen,